You Got a Traffic Ticket
Out of California
While this site is designed specifically for California, the information may apply in other states.
In any case, the first step is to know what the officer has charged you with. The ticket should have a reference to a section of your state's equivalent of the Vehicle Code.
NOTE: All references on this site will be to California Vehicle Code sections.
- First, bookmark this site so you can find your way back easily.
- Then, look up the section you allegedly violated. You can probably do this at your local library, or online.
- For tickets outside of California we recommend Beat Your Speeding Ticket: Fast Track System . (Not free but it contains excellent information.)
- We also recommend that you check the resources on our Links page.
- Or, once you know the specifics of the charge against you, go to the next step.