This is the most important part of the process; it is where you win, lose or lay the groundwork for an appeal, consequently, this tutorial will cover each part of the trial:
- Roll Call
- The Prosecution's Witness(es)
- Cross Examination of the Prosecution's Witness(es)
- The Defense's Witness(es)
- Cross Examination of the Defense's Witness(es)
- Closing Statements
- The Verdict and Sentence
Please study each of these in order. They each contain important information and pointers.
NOTES While you are in court:
- Pay attention.
- Act respectfully.
- Address the judge as "Your Honor".